It appears that some Instant Pots may actually be exploding – according to recent Instant Pot explosion lawsuits filed by a national product liability law firm.
We recently reviewed the Complaint filed in the Instant Pot lawsuit to see what the allegations were all about.
Honestly, we were quite shocked to find that these kitchen appliances could be a ticking time bomb for many unsuspecting home chefs.
For the most part, it appears that a number of Instant Pots have exploded, spewing their scalding hot contents across kitchens.
Here is a quick overview of the claims made in the lawsuits.
Additional information is available on our website.
1. The defendants design, manufacture, market, import, distribute and sell a wide range of consumer kitchen products, including the Instant Pot.
2. Defendants tout the “safety” of their pressure cookers, and states that they cannot be opened while in use.
3. Despite Defendants’ claims of “safety,” they designed a product that suffers from serious and dangerous defects.
Said defects cause significant risk of bodily harm and injury to its consumers.
4. Specifically, the Instant Pot defects manifest themselves when, despite Defendants’ statements, the lid of the pressure cooker is removable with built-up pressure, heat and steam still inside the unit.
5. When the lid is removed, the pressure trapped within the unit causes the scalding hot contents to be projected into the surrounding area, including onto the unsuspecting consumers, their families, and other bystanders.
6. Defendants knew or should have known of these defects, but put profit ahead of safety by continuing to sell its product to consumers, failing to warn said consumers of the serious risks posed by the defects, and failing to recall the dangerously defective pressure cookers.
7. Defendants ignored and/or concealed their knowledge of these defects in its pressure cookers from the Plaintiff in this case, as well as the public in general, in order to continue generating a profit from the sale of said pressure cookers.
8. As a direct result of Defendants’ collective conduct, the Plaintiffs in Instant pot lawsuits will generally incur significant and painful bodily injuries, medical expenses, lost wages, physical pain, mental anguish, and diminished enjoyment of life.
What can you do if you or a loved one have been injured?
If somebody is burned by a pressure cooker, the first thing they should do is to seek immediate medical attention.
After they have seen a doctor for their burn injuries, they should learn more about their legal rights.
To learn more about Instant Pot lawsuits and see if you qualify for a settlement …